Monday 23 May 2011

Modesty or insanity.

Ever since Barbie's entered my house six years ago I have loved watching my girls play with them. But there has been one thing that has driven my crazy. I HATE naked Barbie's lying around my house. I don't know why this bugs me because really I am far from a prude. This just gets under my skin though. I was blog stalking the other day and came across a lady that is brilliant. She took a sharpie to all of her little girls Barbie's.  She is so smart.  I did it with a few of mine.  We have over 50 so it will take some time but I figure if I see one lying around the house naked again, I can just pick it up and color it. My husband did say they look like cat woman.  Hahaha
So if you have the same pet-peeve that I do then try this out.  You will be happy you did.  I would recommend not doing this with your kids.  Oh, can you imagine the ideas for coloring toys they would come up with.  Yikes.  I would also suggest doing a lower back than the one in the pic. More like Kelly's back line.  I did the rest of them with the lower line and I think it will be easier with the dresses and it is less coloring.

2 comments:

Callie said...

Haha I just love you! Great idea, Barbie looks sexy in her black lingerie!

Megan Hauze said...

LOL... you crack me up. I love it!!!