Wednesday 13 July 2011

The Bike Wash

If your kids are like mine then you will understand how excited I was to find a project for them to work on and a toy for them to play with in one. 
My sons mind is constantly going.  
He loves to create things, invent things destroy things, etc. etc. etc.

This was the perfect project for him.
He helped me come up with the concept
and even added his own plans to it.

What you need:
2 PVC Pipe 7 feet
4 PVC Pipe 3 feet
2 PVC Pipe 2 feet
1 can of PVC Pipe glue
3 cap end
3 "T" shaped
(for the base and middle that screw in.)
2 Elbows sprinklers
1 hose attachment.
1 sprinkler hose thing (blue piece)
1 flower or full coverage sprinkler head
Hand drill with a small bit

If you have any questions or alterations the Home Depot guys are great to help out.

It was ready to go in about 20 minutes.
The kids loved it.
You can't see it in the pic but we drilled holes in the PVC pipe along the insides and they spray the kids also.
We had a long line of neighbor kids ready to ride their bikes through.  
It got dubbed the "Bike Wash".
It is a ton of fun and super easy to do.
I'd love to see what you come up with so let me know.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Megan, I am SOOO impressed!! You always impress me with the fun things you do with your kids. You're not afraid to get down + dirty... + THAT my friend is why I look up to you so much!! We had so much fun with you guys the other night. Thanks for hanging out with us! Love ya!!