Tuesday 6 September 2011

{Personalized} Wall Art

I love anything that has my kids names on it. Again we all know that I LOVE PBK. A little to much maybe. But I HATE their prices. So when I see something this cute I have to make it. It was $89 on PBK. I paid $8 for the canvas and if we want to get technical I paid a $1 per color for the acrylic paint. But I already had the paint so that doesn't count :)
What I learned was canvas is very forgiving.  If I messed up I could just wipe it off if it wasn't dry.  It was very easy to do and in a little kids room your art work can look like you yourself is a little kid.  :)

Step One:  Dampen the canvas with a wet rung out rag.
Step Two:  Paint your base color.  I loved baby blue as you can see.
You paint this on the entire canvas.
Step Three:  Allow the canvas to dry completely.
Step Four:  Paint your pattern.  Again if it isn't what you want you can wipe it way with a rag.
Step 5:  Anytime you paint over another color allow the base color to dry completely.  
Step Five:  Hang that cute thing up.
I love my sons baseball shirt. I can't throw it out even though he has out grown it.


Hints:  Light colors are more forgiving. 
Draw your picture first on paper.
Be creative.
Think of drawing you did when you were little.  Do something like that.
If you are going for a whimsical look do swirls with your paint brush.  Even use the tip of your wet rag.
Enjoy it.  Your kids will love having something from you on their wall.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decorating Your Office



Artzee Designs (ArtzeeDesigns.com) is the ultimate canvas art destination for customers seeking art for their home. There's an opportunity to purchase pre-existing art OR Inspire Your Own art. If you Inspire Your Own art, Artzee Designs' graphic artists will custom design a piece of art exclusively made for that customer. Also, to note, all of our prices include printing the art on canvas as well.