Friday 27 May 2011

Letter of the Day

It has been awhile since I have done something crafty.  I was looking at one of my friends blogs {Brown Paper Packages}and she had this darling project.  I thought I should give it a go and I love what I did.

I have been looking for something cute, easy, and inexpensive to do in my kids rooms.  This was just the project.  I ended up going really cheap.  She used MDF board and I used particle board.



Items you will need:  12x12 Particle board (Home Depot)

Craft Paint and brush (Roberts)

Scrapbook paper (Ben Franklin or Roberts)

Letter (Ben Franklin)

Mod Podge (Roberts)

Drill (My hubbies garage)

Hot Glue Gun (not pictured)                                                    


I like to watch TV and I do it on the floor so I just throw an old cloth down.




Paint the outer edges and in about 3 inches




I used a 10x10 piece of paper and mod podged it on.

You can also just use double sided tape.




I used a drill to drill a hole at a 45 degree angle.

Easier than putting on brackets and stuff.




Place the letter in the center using a hot glue gun.

and Wallah!  I love it!





Here is the boy version.  JJ loves it.



The paper is $1, the letter was $4, the board was .80, the craft paint is $1, and the Mod Podge is $7 a jar but it is something you can use over and over.  I didn't even make a dent.  It cost me about $7.oo  I think for $7 it looks pretty fantabulous.

No comments: