Tuesday 5 July 2011

Father's Day Tie

A few years back the kids and I made these darling Tie's to hang as a banner. My husband saw it for the first time and thought I bought him all these new ties. I did kind of feel bad but in secret I was really excited because he thought they looked good enough to be real. And he is sooo picky. He even said that he would wear most of them if they had been real.
All you need is 12x12 scrapbook paper of your choice. 
You'll need however many ties you will be making. 
I did 15 for "Happy Daddy's Day"
I did coordinating colors for at least 2 ties so that the top of one tie is the body of the other tie.
I tried to measure them for you. The bottom where it is wider is about a 3 1/2 inch line. Make a dot there on both bases of your paper. Then at the opposite top corner it is about 3/4 inch. Make another dot on both sides. Then take a ruler and draw a straight line connecting the dots. Then take a 3x3 inch square and cut of the top corners on both. 

Step 1:  Draw two dots at the 1 inch mark and the 2 inch mark.  Then from the top corner fold on that line. 
Step 2: Fold on the opposite side.  They will overlap a bit.
Step 3:  Put the coordinating tie with the front facing down.  Tape it all together. 
Tada.  They look so cute all done.  I cut out little squares with a stamp in the middle with the letters
H-A-P-P-Y F-A-T-H-E-R-'-S D-A-Y
Attatch them all to twine with clothes pins like the ties are hanging out to dry.
Such a fun and inexpensive thing to do.  Plus you can store it and use it every year.

No comments: